- Access to events: We hold several confidence-building and social events over the course of the year including Activity Days, Christmas parties, picnics in the park and educational visits (e.g. fire station, Williamson Park).
- BSL Resources Library: We were very fortunate to receive funding in early 2019 from the Aviva Community Fund to set up a small library of books, DVDs and learning resources to support the learning of British Sign Language (BSL).
- Family Group: We provide a popular monthly meet-up for deaf children, their siblings, parents/carers, family and friends. A qualified Teacher of the Deaf is also present.
- Members-only Facebook Group: We have a closed Facebook group on which parents can confidentially discuss and ask advice relating to their deaf children and their needs.
- Travel Expenses: Members can claim travel expenses for attending Family Group and other events.
To become a member, get in touch via the Contact Us form on this website, or email lancasterandmorecambeDCS@gmail.com, or attend a Family Group.
Members do not pay a joining fee. The charity is funded through donations and grants.